Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Divine Bob Cesca Explains Pragmatism (and Why It's Just So Good)

Bob Cesca is one of the very few political pundits whom I trust implicitly. Some months ago, he meticulously explained the President's pragmatism, why it was good that he was governing that way and why the Professional Left gets it wrong.

Take it away, Bob and Co:-


I agree fully with Bob's final point. Nothing infuriates me more than hearing people say, again and again, that Barack Obama lied about closing Guantanamo Bay, and I've had to listen to everyone from some asshole discontent on my Facebook page with a high school education to people who should know better and who make a living out of political commentary like Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow.

What I'd dearly love to see is someone disabuse these talking heads of this fallacious notion - preferably in Real Time on their own show.

Alas, it's only us plebs who realise that, and they're not about to give us liberty to reveal that they're nothing more than glorified humbugs, like the Wizard of Oz, people behind the curtain.



(Doesn't Dorothy sound like a whiney EmoProg?)

No comments:

Post a Comment